Show some love to your beloved furniture!
People always think of cleaning their carpets, but have you ever really thought about cleaning your furniture? I know that I never really did! My furniture gets a lot of use between movie nights, lazy days on the couch and my dog thinking the furniture is her own personal bed; so, I figured that my furniture gets a lot of use. People invest a lot into their furniture and should properly take care of it. Here are 5 ways to keep your furniture looking newer longer:
- Fluff the Cushions-In order to maintain the shape and comfort of your cushions fluff the cushions regularly. There is nothing worse than a lumpy couch or chair where no matter where you sit, there is no comfortable spot. Keep your furniture feeling nicer by fluffing the cushions regularly. This will help to protect your investment.
- Flip and Rotate your Cushions- Depending on the piece of furniture, everyone has their favorite spot. On a couch, most people prefer to sit on one side or the other, rather than in the middle. Because of this, it creates a permanent wear on the furniture. To prevent wearing of certain areas, rotate your cushions and flip them regularly. By rotating the cushions, it will make them last longer. By also flipping your couch cushions over, it will help preserve the life of the couch up to twice as long.
- Vacuum your Furniture- It is easy to forget about vacuuming your furniture because we can’t always tell that it is dusty; but just because we can’t see it, doesn’t mean the dust is not there. Vacuuming regularly helps to get rid of dust that can accumulates and helps with allergens.
- Steam Clean- It is recommended that you steam clean your furniture regularly. This process can help extend the life of your furniture. Over time your furniture picks up dust, dirt, pet hair, and food stains. Steam cleaning can give your furniture a fresh new, look and help improve the cleanliness of your home. If left alone, many pieces of your furniture can fall victim to dust and grime. Not getting these pieces cleaned can increase allergens and health issues which may pose an issue if you are sensitive to dust. Steam cleaning can help deliver health benefits and keep your furniture lasting longer.
- Re-protect it with an All-Natural Stain Protectant- All in all, people invest a lot into their furniture so it may take a little investing in to upkeep it. It will be worth it in the long run when you can enjoy your favorite couch or chair for many years to come.After steam cleaning your furniture, you will want to keep it looking and feeling clean as long as possible. To help with this, you may want to invest in an all-natural stain protectant. During the steam cleaning process, it removes the natural stain protectant that is on your furniture when you buy it. So, it is recommended that you re-apply the stain protectant. That way if you spill anything or track any dirt or soil on it, it’s adhering to the stain protectant rather than the furniture itself, thus keeping your furniture cleaner longer and making it easier to clean next time.
All in all, people invest a lot into their furniture so it may take a little investing in to upkeep it. It will be worth it in the long run when you can enjoy your favorite couch or chair for many years to come.